Saturday, March 14, 2009

A crafty shopping trip to LIDL

A few months ago I stuck a 'Pas de Pub' notice on our letter box. This means 'no junk mail', in the context. The result is that we no longer have to recycle pointless amounts of leaflets, but unfortunately means that we might be missing out on the few special offers which DO interest us. Thus it was that I spent some time pouring over a LIDL leaflet in our piano teacher's house on Wednesday, and spotted CRAFT BOXES!When these offers come out they disappear very quickly, as the contents are very good for something so cheap, so I shot off to LIDL on Thursday morning, the day they came out, and snapped up two.
These ones are Spring-time and Easter craft boxes, with paper, card and a few other bits and bobs. I'm really looking forward to using the polkadots!
It also reminded me that I'd picked up this book in a Vide Greniers last year - time to get it out:
And here is somthing I made with a previous LIDL craft pack - it was a quick Valentine's Day bottle wrapping which I made for Ben a few years ago, which has become a fixed part of our decor - it's always sitting on a shelf somewhere near the wine...
I particularly liked the transparent paper they put in that pack. Now I'll just have to open up my Easter ones and check out everything inside...

4 comments:

Flossie and Tom said...

Love them - hope we get them over here - I did buy a similar one from Lidl a few years back but it was mainly full of yellow feathers - we were finding them for months after !!

Sara
X

Hollypop's said...

Hi, great craft boxes, I went in Lidl yesterday but didn't see any of those.
Look forward to seeing what you make with them.
Take care.
Nickyx

Sal said...

They look fab craft packs!
Hope your weekend is going well!
;-)

Shabby Chick said...

How exciting!!! I genuinely mean that! I think that is a brilliant find.

Mel xxx