Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm bored, Jerry, B-O-R-D bored...

And if you recognise THAT quote, then you and I have an awful lot in common!..
j
Yesterday afternoon it wasn't just the boys who were complaining of boredom, but me too. They'd invited some friends round, and all the plans we had for the afternoon were due to begin when the friends arrived, not before... and the friends were late... I couldn't undercoat my shelves, as I'd remembered Ben had offered to fix a handly little plate-holding strip of wood onto them before I painted them. I couldn't go to the shop to buy the wood treatment I'd promised to get him because we were waiting for friends...
So I got out the rusty, cobwebby patio lights we'd taken down from the outside of the house. Not terribly tasteful, but a bird in the hand...
Good old Leroy Merlin, French DIY chain extraordinaire, had sold us this 'aged metal' paint - a good compromise for Ben and me - he had wanted glossy black and I had quite fancied leaving them rusty!
So now I think they looked appropriately aged but not actually rusty/falling apart! Shame about the yellow glass in two of them, but a cliché in the hand etc...
j
I also took photos of this incredibly pristine gamelle (lunch box), and popped it into my blog shop. It was hard to put such a good one up for sale, but I am resolved to collect only the blue.
And the quotation? It's from Jimmy Gourd (of course!). If you don't know VeggieTales but are looking for a stylish way to give young children a basic Christian education along with lots of giggles, I cannot recommend them too highly.I would never have thought that the Bible and general moral education could be presented so funnily. They get it right every time...

6 comments:

Pink Feather Paradise said...

Love the lanterns... but yes its a shame about the yellow glass... is there anyone local who could cut you some glass in a different colour perhaps?

I have loads of little bits and bobs to get done... and as I think thats it for the summer as the weather has been fairly drab of late I think I had better start getting ready for the onset of Autumn and winter.... however I have to admit to snapping up your lovely sandwich tin... I have no clue what I will do with it... I am thinking it will be fabulous for my crochet hooks and as a little kit that I take out and about with me ... so excited ... thank you for not collecting green! lol

x Alex

A garden just outside Venice said...

Floss..do you know what we have in common?! ..the same cobwebby patio lights with yellow glass! Ha ha!
xxx

Sherry from Alabama said...

You have a lovely blog. I've enjoyed my visit here this morning.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Josie-Mary said...

Great lights. I remember being bored during summer holidays but I never wanted to go back to school! :)

carol at home said...

You did well didn't you? I fond myself just sitting around doing nothing when I'm waiting for poeple to turn up.

. said...

Haha.... I love that the DIY store sounds like a basketball playing wizard, excellent name for a shop, x