Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Recipe for a 12th Birthday

Begin the day with White Hot Chocolate, from The Barefoot Contesssa's recipe, as won by the Birthday Boy in Sherri B's competition this summer. Wow! This possibly contains enough calories and delight for the day...
But... Add light lunch with carrot cake and 12 candles.Introduce six more boys, aged between 11 and 13, and take to Laser Game, Toulouse.
Return home and light bonfire.
Cook and eat sausages, and provide little light-gel sticks, intended for garden lighting, but much more useful as Light Sabres if you are 11 - 13.
Play night-time table tennis (optional).
Add fireworks.
Introduce treacle tart, warm from the oven.
Toast marshmallows over embers.
Go to bed happy. Now, get ready for Christmas!

12 comments:

A garden just outside Venice said...

Happy Birthday to the young man!

VintageVicki said...

That looks wonderful :) I know my boys would love that sort of thing too :)

Happy birthday to him.

Sherri B. said...

Wow, that was some celebration! Happy 12th Birthday and I might add it does my heart good to see that the cookbook is being used and enjoyed.

Jane and Chris said...

It's hubby Chris's birthday today...dare not show him this post because he will want to move in with you for a birthday like that!!
Happy 12th Birthday!!
Jane x

Heidi said...

That looked like a wonderful party, happy Birthday to your son!
I love Sherri B. cooking photos and recipes too!

Marigold Jam said...

Sounds fun - do hope nobody was sick after that lot but then I guess boys are made of tough stuff weh?!

Jane

Lululiz said...

Hey, I wouldn't mind a birthday do like that! Bet the boys loved it all. Happy Birthday to the young man.

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Happy Birthday 12 year old!! Glad you had a fab day with your friends. Mum and Dad sure know how to throw a great party.

E. Charlotte said...

Sounds Wonderful!! I hope he had a very Happy Birthday! Looks like a good time indeed. :)

Elyse said...

oh, i just love this post! i also did a nighttime/backyard party for my boys. it was beautiful, festive and crazy!

thank you so much for sharing and commenting on my recent post. i'm so sorry to learn of your mother's passing. you'll be in my thoughts, too.

wishing you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season ~*~

xo
elyse

Autumn Mist said...

Wow, I wish I'd known you when my boys were that age, your parties look much more fun than anything I ever cooked up for them! And I must have a closer look at said cookbook...

Beck said...

Wow, could turning 12 get any better than this? My Bill went to Laser Force for his birthday this year, it must have universal appeal! Love all the fun things the boys did, surely a birthday that will be remembered for a long time. Hope all is well with you Floss, much love xo ps. can you email me your address? Still have that package for you :)