Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Childlike Christmas - Food

I've been playing with cake tins and cookie cutters in the run-up to Christmas...They seem to be provide a good set of illustrations for my second Childlike Christmas Question: "What is your favourite Christmas food?"

Here are the answers given by some of the children I teach:

"Cake.""Chocolate cake." "Cake. What kind? The kind with raisins... I don't think she knows how to... um..."



"Cake with raisins and icing. Mmm."

"Pigs in Blankets!"

"Lasagne as my main course. I also like gravy and turkey. And chocolate cake."

"You know that Christmas pudding when you put alcohol onto it and you set fire to it? Mmm. I love that."


So do I, readers!


Don't forget to visit the other Childlike Christmas bloggers! You'll find the full list of us over at Pom Pom's Ponderings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm, yummy post! xx

Grateful4Crochet said...

Awww, kids, aren't they funny!
My favourite Christmas food is mangoes

Elderberry-Rob said...

I think the pudding on fire does it for me too! I don't actually like eating Christmas pudding but I used to love the moment my dad lit the brandy and that magical blue flame enveloped it.

magsmcc said...

You know I haven't even thought what my favourite part of the feast is- I'm so "wrapped up" just thinking what everyone expects and writing lists thereof. What do I like? Hmm...

Pom Pom said...

Cake! I love it! I would like to find a new chocolate cake recipe that is irresistible. I'm going to work on that.
I have been eating dried plums for breakfast this December. They are my "granny" sugar plums!