Friday, February 3, 2012

Maître des Crèpes

Or Crèpemeister, or whatever you want! This is Son 2: When he first arrived in France their little 'French as a second language' book gave them a recipe for crèpes and he's been helping me make them ever since. Now he's pretty much independent, and as he's such a perfectionist he prefers the way he makes them, anyway!

Yesterday was Candlemas, la Chandeleur in French. That's the French Pancake Day, so it was handy that Son 2 came home from school early to take possession of the kitchen. The cause was this:Just enough snow to keep the teachers from further out of town from getting in for their lessons!Son 1 and his knee say 'Hi'! We spent yesterday evening eating pancakes and playing Carcasonne. It's not such a hard life...

10 comments:

helen tilston said...

He looks like he takes his crepe making very seriously and I would love one of his creations for breakfast.
We went to our local French Bakery and enjoyed crepe suzette.

I love the image of the light snow on the roof.
To a great weekend

Helen xx

Carole said...

Well, the 25 cm we have here will certainly not be considered enough for me to have stayed at home... I'm sure they're going to tell me to replace the missing hours !
We totally forgot to make pancakes yesterday !

LissyLou said...

yes no problem with photo link - thanks. I love this challenge - i like a bit of photography inspiration!!!

Elizabethd said...

No snow here in Brittany, but it is forecast!

Lorrie said...

The cold weather in Europe is certainly making news here in Canada. We're having the warmest winter ever, I think.
Crepes are delicious!

Pomona said...

Have a good weekend - keep warm!

Pomona x

polkadotpeticoat said...

Look at that little chef.....poor son 1.....your such a great mom Floss!!

scrumptious days said...

We're celebrating Candlemas tomorrow, I love all the candles during Mass, and a little party afterwards, though I don't think we'll be pancaking!
All my Breton neighbours seem to have electric crepe makers, but I love your traditional pan!

I hope your family still have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday, best hang on to two traditions! Jude x

Elderberry-Rob said...

I would love to dine at your house, you have some very useful children!

Lx @ Twelve said...

Num Num Num noises being made here....
Please no snow - have a cake baby to deliver today!

Lx