Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's my birthday!

One of our family quotes was started by my sister, 37 years ago:

"It's mine birfday! Happy birfday to me!"

We're celebrating quietly, as Son 1 has his own birthday and, more significantly, his Brevet exams, coming up next week. There will be a birthday tea and presents at the end of a working day... and part of my present is already here - I shall tell you about that later!

I leave you with a photo of the vintage ticking I picked up the other day, having an (unsuccessful) try-out on our sofa (looked good but scrumpled up too quickly).

I also leave you with two lovely blogs featured in my favourite magazines this month:

Emma from Silverpebble who's been a blogging friend for years now - how lovely to see her and my little silver bird pendant (or one like it) in Country Living this month!

Jenny from The Custards - how can I have missed her blog up until now? Fortunately, Homes and Antiques rectified this terrible situation...

So, two presents for you, but:

"It's MINE birfday!

Happy birfday to me!"

24 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday to you Floss ~ I hope you have a very lovely day :O)xx

Marigold Jam said...

Have a lovely day Floss!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Happy quiet birfday to you. xx

Tina said...

happy Birthday, Floss!! have a wonderful day!! xx

Maria said...

Wishing you 'the happiest of birthdays' Floss!
Do what makes your heart smile today.....
Mariax

Elizabethd said...

Wishing you a very happy Birfday, dear Floss.

Forthvalley scribe said...

Floss - I've just seen the news. I hope you and your family are OK. Toulouse seems to be having more than it's fair share of excitement! And, apart from that, I hope you have a lovely birthday.

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great day! I am off to make some blueberry and vanilla muffins!! Cx

Lululiz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Arggh, I should have remembered the date, I still have to smile and chuckle when I occasionally remember the birthday parties so many of us prepared for you in 2009. That was such a hoot. Have a wonderful day, and celebrate in style ( even if Kajagoogoo and Take That can't make it to your place this year ). xx

Lululiz said...

Forgot to say, I love the ticking you picked up, shame it doesn't work on your sofa. I know you don't have your shop any longer but if you want to sell it.......... x

Jane and Chris said...

Happy Birfday!
Jane x

Angela said...

Happy Birfday Floss! xx

Sherri B. said...

A very Happy Birthday to you! Hope you have a wonderful one.

A Happy Birthday to Son 1 also and good luck on his exam.

I'm off to check out 'The Custards'.

xo



xo

Frances said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday...coincidentally, it's also my brother's birthday!

I confess I have bought the blueberries, but did not get to preheat that oven for muffin baking before the hot weather hit. So...it's blueberries and cream for now.

xo

Pom Pom said...

Happiest of birthdays, Floss!
I hope you feel loved and blessed all day long!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Many happy returns Floss and to son too... hope you have a day of surprises and goodies and feel loved and special. Betty x

Lorrie said...

Happy Birthday to you, dear Floss! I hope your day is perfectly lovely.

Between Me and You said...

Wishing you both Very Happy Birthdays. x

Gill said...

Happy Birthday!
I saw Emma in CL but I haven't read my Homes and Antiques mag yet!

Lx @ Twelve said...

Happy Birthday Floss
Wishing you many blessings for the coming year.
Lx

Alex said...

Hope you had a lovely celebration ~ and many happy returns!
Good luck to your son. It was MINE birthday in June, btw, too!
Great time of year to have one, I say.
xxx H

The Custards said...

Hello, happy birthday, lovely to meet you and thank you for dropping by all in one go!! I am envious of your French way of life - I am imagining brocante around each and every corner! Thank you for your kind words and I will keep in touch
Best wishes
Jenny

Catherine said...

Hope you had a special day, Floss. Lucky you, having your birthday on the longest day of the year!

Nancy McCarroll said...

Happy Birfday, Floss!
Nancy