Friday, August 31, 2012

The Willows in France

Many of you probably know about the intrepid band of explorers which has been winging its way around the bloggers of North America and Europe, but for those of you who are new to the team, here they are, sunning themselves, in Haute Garonne, France (the département number for Haute Garonne is 31, so this photo seemed appropriate!):
Here are Ratty, Toad, and, balancing precariously above them, Mole. They had a bit of a sabbatical over the summer holidays, with some interesting travel arrangements and absent hosts (including me), but were safely tucked up chez mois when I returned (finally!) from Italy. I instantly plunged them into more down-time as I was far too busy hosting parents in law and then visiting my dad and his financée, but now here we all are together, back in le trente-et-un, or the sunny south of France, to non-French readers.
 
I wondered for a moment how to entertain them, and you, dear readers, in the time they have left with me, and the answer came quickly: la rentrée! The French Back to School is upon us, and I'm going to aim for a short post per day over the coming week, to keep you up to date with the Willows (for those of you who are following their adventures) and to give all readers an insight into the serious but rather beautiful business of getting back to school in France. This will give us a nice run-up to my now traditional Rentrée Resolutions and Giveaway, and then I'll post the Willows on to their next stop, spring-time Australia!

4 comments:

magsmcc said...

Oh don't they look well. This will be their sunniest sun ever! Enjoy your experience estivale, guys! Even if it is a nearly autumn one! Looking forward to your guiding us through the week, Floss! Feel in need of some/much guidance as we return to the scolarisation of boys!

Unknown said...

I'm sure they enjoyed the rest and probably needed a diet after everything they ate with me. Look forward to reading your posts.

Angela said...

Good to see them enjoying the sunshine after a rather damp summer in the UK!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,just found you through Pom pom and am looking forward to reading more and seeing what the willows get up too.Xxxxx