Saturday, September 1, 2012

La Rentrée - Shopping List

As I promised yesterday, I'm going to be combining my week with the Willows with a little guided tour of la rentrée - the French Back to School week. I feel as though I've told you a lot about it, but never shown you how it all works. So we begin here - when the boys finished school last June (or got inscribed into the new school, in the case of Son 1), we filled in oodles of forms and were given, in return, loads of lists! The Willows are giving the whole set a once-over:
As you'll see, our handy local supermarket, Intermarché, is well on the case to help us get every last item. I've waited until this week to buy the bulk of the stationery, as Intermarché always gives us great deals on the loyalty card, for ten days only...
Well, those ten days run out tomorrow, and very few Intermarchés are open on a Sunday, so today is my last chance to go shopping!

The green list to the left is Son 1's school books for lycée. These are already sorted, thanks to an astonishingly organised Parents' Union event which sells second hand and new books to all students. The mauve list on the right however, is all down to me, Son 2, the Willows and Intermarché... I will tell you how we get on!

9 comments:

magsmcc said...

Go, guys! We did Asda this morning for stationery! Bet the Willows think it's all a nonsense anyway. All that sitting down inside for a whole day when the wide world awaits!!

Pom Pom said...

Oh, it's so nice to see the Willows involved in your life! Smile!
Do you spend a fortune? Back to school is such a financial hit here in America. Yesterday, I noticed quite a few kids giving their abundant supplies to others. Come January, I'll be buying a lot of pencils!

Jane and Chris said...

Do not let Toad loose in the stores...he will create mayhem with the carts..TOOT TOOT!
Jane x

Lululiz said...

You can't escape the Rentree here in France, can you, lol, the shops are packed full with all the goodies.

Unknown said...

We did PE kit today, all has to come from a special shop with the school logo on it. We had to order shorts though, so unless they arrive before his first PE lesson he will have to somehow squeeze into last years!
Stationery will be tomorrow at Asda and then shirts and trousers hopefully from Matalan as I think he needs men's rather than 'schoolboy' now. I am just thankful he didn't need a new blazer this year (although he may before the end of the school year), although he was swanking about needing a senior school tie!

Faye said...

What a big list! I can't remember having to get so many things, but the stationary was always my favourite things to get! I still treat myself to a few bits now! Hope it went well!

Lorrie said...

Best of luck with preparations for La rentree! (haven't yet figured out accents on my new laptop)

Sarah said...

Good luck to Son 1 & 2 starting back to school.
I started my new school on Friday and now can't wait for the students to be back on Wednesday!

Lx @ Twelve said...

All ready for school, shoes & haircuts included. I have to say/write that I get beyond excited shopping for stationery....
It all looks very organised.

Lx